Company Registration Number - 13308463
For those who wish to confidently carry out advanced servicing and repairs on their own bike or who may have a responsibility to look after the bikes of others. It will also broaden the skills and knowledge of trainees who deliver a basic level of tuition. We will teach you skills that could advance your employment in the industry. During the course you will completely dissemble and rebuild a bicycle. Our qualified instructors will guide you step by step. This usually takes 2-3 days to complete. Once the strip down and rebuild is complete students can use the remaining time to work on different styles of bike and revisit parts of the course they would like to learn more about. Please note that this course does not cover hydraulic brake bleeding, suspension maintenance, headset fitting, frame / thread facing and cutting.
Full day 9-4pm
2x15min + 1hr lunch (+15min induction and 5min reflection)
Max 4 persons
Pick a bike/Bring own bike/Group Booking
Gloves, safety goggles and ear defenders available for this workshop, old clothes are always advised.
Access to our full bike tool kit available.
On this Advanced Maintenance Course, you will learn:
· Personal safety, tool and chemical handling.
· Cleaning – degreasing and general lubrication.
· Brakes – cable & pad replacement, calliper adjustment.
· Gears – lubrication, cable replacement, mech removal, replacement and positioning, indexing.
· Transmission – chain set, pedal, chain ring and bottom bracket removal and replacement.
· Additional Transmission – Cassette and free hub removal and replacement
· Headset – strip ,lube and refit.
· Wheels – trailside wheel truing; disc removal and replacement.
· Tyres & tubes – puncture prevention & repair.
· Lubrication – all stripped and replaced through the course
· Wear and tear – managing your bike and extending component life.